Font Viewer is a simple program to view TrueType and OpenType fonts on your computer. This program was made for people who design things and would like to see what a particular piece of text would look like in many font styles. It is very easy to use.
• Change sont sizes of Font List and Preview Text
• View Text in Regular, Italic, Bold
• Save Preview Text and Images As RTF Files
• Resizable Splitter Windows
• Change Preview Editor Font Colors (selected or all text)
• Change Preview Editor Background Color
• Ascii Key Code’s and Insert Key Codes
• Copy & Paste Text and Images into Preview Editor
• Copy & Paste Text into RTF Compatiable Programs (i.e. MS Word)
• Windows XP and up-to Windows 10
• You must have the .NET Framework 4.6.1 on your PC before running this program. This runtime library is not included in this program's SETUP.EXE file. Simply check your "Installed Programs" in the control panel to verifiy you have the runtime installed. We don't include this runtime, because you may already have it on your PC.
4-22-17 (1.5 - Build 8)
• FIXED: Website Page link in software
2-12-17 (1.5 - Build 7)
• ADDED: Save Preview Text/Images As an RTF File; Add button and menu function
• FIXED: Tooltip descriptions on 3 buttons
• UPDATED: Online Help Page
8-6-16 (1.4 - Build 6)
• REMOVED: Simple 6-color font color palette.
• ADDED: Color selector to change color of selected or 'all' text.
• ADDED: Color selector to change color of background of editor
• ADDED: Button to apply color to all text.
• ADDED: Edit menu to Undo, Redo, Cut, Copy, Paste, Select All
• CHANGED: Removed simple Help screen and replaced it with an online help version.
• UPDATED: You can Copy/Paste images into editor.
8-5-16 (1.2 - Build 4)
• TOTAL RE-WRITE: Because the WinForms API/GDI+ cannot render OpenType fonts, we had to re-write (convert) the entire application to WPF (Windows Presentation Foundation) framework.
• FIXED-ADDED: Font List now shows OpenType fonts. Plus, it is much quicker with no flicker or stalls when loading fonts.
• REMOVED: Removed the "Refresh" Font List function because the Font List is now fixed.
• CHANGED: Updated the R, I, B buttons to have a page border
• CHANGED: We also swapped out the plain text edior for a RichText editor. This will allow colors and copy/paste into Word.
• NEW: Added a simple function to set the color of the Preview Text. This will be upgraded once we build a better color function with more color options.
• NEW: You can Copy/Paste selected text into RTF (RichText Format) using the actual font style and color.
7-29-16 (1.0 - Build 3)
• First Initial Release
• Able to Resize images in Preview Window
• Open Saved RTF Files
• Install/Uninstall Fonts
• Be Able To Sort By Category
• Printing Fonts & Preview Editor Text
• Currently, images that are copied/pasted into the editor cannot be resized. To get arround this, just be sure that you resize the image before pasting into editor.